— in Halifax.
Archive for the ‘Testimonials’ Category
$10 VIDEO TRANSFER SPECIAL TO DVD
#videos #dvds #videoedit #videotransfer #cdduplication #dvdduplication #photobook #digitalphotos #photoalbums #photo album
#digitalphotoalbum #8mmvideo #8mmvideos #vhs #vhstapes #vhstransfertodvdinhalifax #vhstransfertodigitalinhalifax #photocards #photorestoration #scanningservices
#memoriesiwontforget #memoriesinaflashphotoscanningservice #memoriesinaflashhalifax
Summer is the perfect time to finally take care of one of the important family projects — preserving your family’s legacy.
Storage Conditions Your family’s story and legacy – captured in videotapes, film, photographs, slides and negatives – is one of your most precious memories. Unfortunately, these memories are slowly deteriorating over time. Even if stored in ideal conditions (no direct sunlight, a little cool, free from dust), these memories are slowly deteriorating.
Unfortunately, many of us store our videotapes and photos in less than ideal places, like:
- Bedroom closets
- Bedroom dresser drawers
- Utility closets
As a result, our memories are fading fast, are never enjoyed and will soon be lost forever.
Collecting Memories Summer is a great time to scour your house for these memories. But don’t forget about the memories stored at your parents’ house or your siblings’ houses. One of the best ways to get this “family legacy” project rolling is to let the entire family know that you are going to preserve the entire family’s history and legacy. Encourage them to preserve and convert their memories as well.
Or, if you are “the organizer” in the family, have everyone send their memories to you, and you can box them all up together, bring them to us. In just a few short weeks, your memories will be transferred to DVDs. You’ll get your original materials back, as well as a stack of tidy DVDs that you can share with friends and family.
Choose a theme Many of our customers tell us that they’ve had great fun by encouraging family members to collect memories organized around one central theme. Some sample ideas include:
- Mom and Dad’s 40th wedding anniversary
- Annual shore trips
- first bicycle rides of each grandkid
- Brides walking down the aisle
There are so many reasons to transfer your family’s videos and images from their current deteriorating format into the long-lasting digital format of a DVD. Below are our top 10 reasons for saving your memories today.
1. Unique and meaningful gifts One of the most unique and heartfelt gifts we know is a DVD with special family memories. Rather than take a chance on giving a friend or family member another tie or toaster, try giving them something they could not buy for themselves – access to a special memory that they had forgotten about.
2. Preserve your family’s story for your children and their children Your family’s story is unique. And this story has been captured in videos, film and images (like photographs and slides). Preserve your family’s story for your children, and their children.
3. Stop your memories from further deteriorating No matter where you store your videos, film or images – they are slowly deteriorating. If they happen to be stored someplace hot, like an attic, they may be deteriorating more quickly. Take a few moments to gather up your family memories and ship them off to MemoryHub to be preserved.
4. Enjoy your memories everyday When your memories are squirrelled away in boxes in the attic or garage or some closet, you are missing out on enjoying those memories. As we say at Memories in a Flash, when you convert your memories to DVD, it’s like “uncorking a bottle of champagne.”
5. Help with genealogical research We are so pleased when we hear that our customers use our services to advance their genealogical projects. As families document the histories of their families – making use, for example, of wonderful sites like Ancestry.com – they love being able to incorporate images and memories of the past!
6. Solve the problem of no longer having working devices to play the memories So often we hear from families who are frustrated to discover that, in order to play their memories originally stored in analog format, like VHS, they need a working VHS player to enjoy them. By converting your memories to a digital format on a DVD, you can enjoy your memories without worrying about whether your old devices still work.
7. Present to yourself – choose a meaningful memory to preserve While quite a few of our customers convert family memories in order to give gifts to others, we also have thousands of customers who preserve their memories for … themselves. We love hearing from moms and dads who’ve chosen to celebrate a birthday or anniversary or a promotion by giving themselves the gift of a DVD that preserves a special moment.
8. Get organized – everything in boxes all over the place If you are like most people, you have your memories stored in a variety of locations around the house – in a bedroom closet, in a cardboard box in the attic, or in a plastic container in the back of the garage. Or, if you are like most people, you aren’t exactly sure where everything is! We have hundreds of customers who find great personal satisfaction in digging up all of their memories and bringing them off to us, so that their unwieldy collection of memories can be stored in a series of nicely labeled and organized DVDs.
9. Take full advantage of new technology As computers (including tablets) and televisions have become more advanced, they have become wonderful showcases for memories. If you have a new large screen computer or tablet or advanced television set up (like an Apple TV), you have the perfect showcase for your memories.
10. Great family project Finally, every year we get a few cards and notes from families who tell us how grateful they are to Memories in a Flash for facilitating a very meaningful family project. These families let us know that the entire family pitched in to collect all of their videos and images and brought them off to us for preservation on DVDs. But the real fun began when they instituted a regular “family movie night” in which they gathered together to relive the wonderful memories of their family.
Under the Bed. Up in the attic. Out in the garage.
Once they are digitized you can view and share them on any device screen through free apps.
Contact us for more information
— in #halifaxnovascotia
With modern printing technology it’s now possible to create one of a kind items using your favorite photos! Over the last couple of years, there has been a lot of new companies emerging that will help you create completely custom gifts from all kinds of different photos. The trick is, however, that the photos must be in digital format. If your photos have not been digitized yet, the easiest way is to simply scan them into your computer using a high quality flatbed scanner, or use our low-cost photo scanning service. Once your photo or photos are in a digital format, you can then use your images by placing them onto common items to create unique gift ideas for friends and family.
Here is a short list of some of the amazing items that you can create out of scanned photos, slides or negatives:
Photobooks are becoming more and more popular as a way to tell a story with your photos, rather than just have them in an album. Photobooks are often described as similar to scrapbooks, the main difference being that the photobooks are actually printed, rather than having clippings and photos glued or tacked to the page itself.
Calendars are a great way to show off your favorite family photos all year round. In addition to choosing your own unique photos, you also have the option of picking the overall design such as the backgrounds and borders. Never forget a birthday or anniversary again!
Who doesn’t love a new mousepad? Especially a custom designed mousepad with your favorite family photo, or that epic snapshot of your latest vacation. Your will be surfing the web in style with one of these at your desk!
If you’re sick of the same old run of the mill, overpriced smartphone cases, why not obtain a completely unique one? By using any photo of your choice, you can craft a completely custom smartphone or iPhone case for either yourself or a loved one. Show off your awesome photos right on your phone! These make truly awesome gifts for friends and family alike.
Feeling bored? Or want to keep your kids distracted? Create a brand new jigsaw puzzle out of one of your favorite scanned photos. With different variations in puzzle size and number of pieces, the sky is the limit! Puzzles make awesome gifts for kids and adults alike!
Jazz up the next poker night with completely custom playing cards! You can create your deck in any style you choose, using any number of images to create a special deck that the whole group would love. These are also great for a family game night where every member can play with their own custom deck!
The survey, conducted among over 250 parents of kids under age 10 who share photos/video with family and friends, reveals that three quarters (75%) of these parents save photos and videos of their children in multiple locations, more than half (52%) say they have not done anything with the tons of photos/videos they have of their children to preserve them for the future and 44% say they sometimes have trouble locating photos and videos of their children because they can’t remember where the files are saved. Even more worrisome is the fact that nearly half (47%) of these parents say they have not really thought about how they will share the photos and videos they have of their children with them when they are older. ldren in multiple locations, more than half (52%) say they have not done anything with the tons of photos/videos they have of their children to preserve them for the future and 44% say they sometimes have trouble locating photos and videos of their children because they can’t remember where the files are saved. Even more worrisome is the fact that nearly half (47%) of these parents say they have not really thought about how they will share the photos and videos they have of their children with them when they are older. -
#vhstodigital #hi8todigital #video8todigital #digitalconversion #digitaltransfer #betatodigital #minidvtodigital #photoscanning #slides #ScanDigital
— at City of Halifax.
Source:https://medi…b3d1618596 – See more at: http://visual.ly/where-are-our-family-memories?utm_source=visually_embed#sthash.1OEAwz8y.dpuf